Yes, there IS still hope for your marriage!
No matter what struggles you are facing in your marriage, or how long-lasting or deep the pain is, you can be sure of this… GOD STILL HEALS RELATIONAL CONFLICTS like you are experiencing.
Are you open and ready for God to do a miracle in your relationship? Are you and your spouse ready to do YOUR PART in making it happen?
My wife and I (Mindi and Carey Green) are eager to help you walk the path to marriage healing and ongoing restoration. But it will require two people who are…
- humble and willing to change
- committed to following scriptural principles for marriage
- willing to admit their own wrongs, repent of them, and ask for forgiveness
- willing to forgive even the most heinous offenses and betrayals
- committed to walking through the pain to get to the healing on the other side
Q: What is a Christian Marriage Intensive?
You could think of a marriage intensive as in-depth marriage counseling. We spend a concentrated, focused period of time together in hopes of uncovering the areas of hurt, sinful tendencies, and unspoken betrayals and hurts that drive most marriage conflicts. With the Holy Spirit’s help, we usually find a path to hope and healing.
We’ll discover destructive patterns of behavior, communication, and conflict resolution and develop a plan for minimizing their effect going forward. It’s our goal to not only get to the root of the issues between you as husband and wife, but to send you home with a plan for destroying those patterns and establishing new, healthier options.
Q: What if you’ve done Christian counseling but it didn’t help?
It’s good that you’ve already taken steps to get help with your marriage conflicts.
But most traditional counseling sessions may not be enough for these reasons:
- Your counseling time is squeezed into an hour a week… it’s better than nothing, but there isn’t time to explore difficult issues or truly ponder the things God is telling you before you have to rush back into “normal” life.
- You have an entire week before the next counseling session.. that means you lose a lot of what you learned in the last session and are likely to fall back into the bad habits you’re trying to break.
- There’s typically NO follow-up or accountability outside the counseling setting.
Q: Is a marriage intensive right for you?
The way we go about our intensive sessions is so rooted in the scriptures, the actual practice of prayer (individually and together), and reliance on the Holy Spirit that if either partner is not fully committed to the Lordship of Jesus, it’s going to feel very foreign and awkward for them.
If you or your partner is hesitant to dig into God’s word and submit your life to what the Lord reveals that you need to change, you’re likely not going to enjoy or benefit from our intensives.
- These retreats are not for the faint of heart… or for those who are unwilling to take a deep look at themselves.
- You’ll be forced to go deeper into your relationship with God so that He can begin uncovering and healing old wounds.
- Everything we advise will be rooted in the word of God.
- We center our counseling process around dependence on the Spirit of God to reveal issues, apply His truth, and work in your lives.
- Expect to pray, aloud, individually, and as a group. Prayer is vital to the process of unity and healing.
- You’ll reap benefits that correspond to the work and honesty you are willing to invest in it.
- It will be very hard work, but we prayerfully trust that you’ll be joyous over the healing you find the LORD beginning in you as a result.
Q: What makes our marriage weekends different than others?
The reality and hope of Jesus is at the center of everything we do. The personal presence of the Holy Spirit of God — the true Counselor — is the guiding power behind everything we do. As you together experience the grace, mercy, and presence of Jesus through the Holy Spirit, you’ll uncover the things that are holding you back and keeping you apart from each other.
We’ll also engage in lots of prayer together, asking God to be present and powerful in revealing His plans for our time together. We want to follow His lead in everything and wait on Him to provide healing in the areas that matter most.
It doesn’t matter if you’re reeling from the betrayal of adultery or finding it difficult to communicate with each other because of years of bad habits. The power of God can help you break the negative cycle and look to Him with hope for your future together.
Q: Are you certified marriage counselors or psychologists?
The short answer is “No,” we hold no certifications of any kind.
Then why do we feel we are able to help Christians who are experiencing marriage difficulties?
Simply put: We believe God has given His people the wisdom and insight needed for Christian couples to live harmonious, peaceful, loving lives together to fulfill His calling for them as a married couple. This wisdom comes to us from the scriptures and the Person of the Holy Spirit.
For over 20 years we’ve served in Christian ministry, Carey serving in the roles of Youth Pastor, Worship Pastor, Associate Pastor, and Teaching Pastor. In all of those contexts we’ve had the opportunity to counsel and help couples in varying stages of marital discord.
Besides our experience as Pastoral counselors to the members of our congregations, Carey has been trained in Prayer Resolution counseling by former missionaries and Wycliff Bible Translator staff and the founders of Cross Resources, Richard and Connie Smith. You can discover more about the Prayer Resolution counseling approach here. After receiving this training, Carey immediately came home and taught Mindi everything he’d learned. Using this approach they’ve seen God do what only He can do in a variety of marriage counseling situations.
We are confident that if you join us for a Marriage Intensive with open, humble hearts, the Holy Spirit will meet you and bring clarity and healing to the places most in need of His touch. We can’t guarantee how He’ll do it or what form it will take, but we know that He is faithful to help those who call upon Him.
Q: Where do you conduct your intensives?
Mindi and I don’t have a set location where we conduct our marriage intensives.
We will first determine if you are able to come to the location where we are. If so, we find a facility and setting that is suitable for the private and powerful work we’ll need to do together. The cost of that lodging and the food required for the intensive is included in our pricing.
There are situations where we will consider coming to a mid-way point between us and you, or even to the city where you live. But we’d have to work out specifics on all those things and it could impact the cost if we need to travel.
We will make sure that every location provides…
- Privacy and quiet
- Comfort and peace
Q: What is the cost of your marriage intensive weekends?
We do our best to keep the cost of our intensives as reasonable as possible. Our average cost is listed here. Read on to discover the things that could cause this amount to vary.
$5700 for 2 full days
Included in this cost:
- Our prayers on your behalf, starting the day we set up your intensive.
- True Christian fellowship with us as we work through your areas of need.
- Personalized attention, focused on your particular situation and needs.
- A time of guided, intense focus on the issues that are holding you back.
- Food and lodging.
- All of our intensive counseling/coaching sessions.
- At least 4 follow up video chat sessions. The first, one month after your time with us. The others one month apart.
Cost does NOT include your travel costs to and from our agreed-upon location.
Play the video to get a bit more insight into our Christian Marriage Intensives
If you would like to pursue a Christian Marriage Intensive with us… Reach out to Carey using the email below. Follow these guidelines to expedite the process:
- Subject Line: MARRIAGE INTENSIVE INTEREST
- Tell where you live and your current life situation.
- Share how both husband and wife came to faith in Jesus and the health of your relationship with Jesus now (a 1 to 10 scale may be helpful).
- Acknowledge that both husband and wife are humbly willing to pursue a Christian Marriage Intensive.
- Include a brief summary of the specific marriage issues you’re dealing with and how long the issue(s) have been a problem.
- Express how soon you’d be able to commit to joining us for a Marriage Intensive.
- Ask any questions you may have.