Parents have a tough job, no doubt about it.
Too many of us were raised by parents who didn’t really know what they were doing, and as a result, we’ve had a hard time figuring out the best ways to raise our own children. But God’s word has plenty to say about the subject, and we’d like to be able to help you understand it, and how to apply it to the situations you face with your children.
My wife and I have been graced by God with the blessing of a harmonious home and great kids. He’s done it through giving us insight into the scriptures about what it takes to parent in biblical, Christ-honoring, Spirit-led ways.
Our hope is that through the Christian Home and Family ministry, we can pass along what He’s given to us in the area of Spirit-led parenting.
Here’s our first idea… are you interested?
What we’d like to is put on some parenting events that are like nothing you’ve ever seen. We haven’t worked out the details yet, but here are some of the ideas we’ve had so far:
- Either an all-day Saturday event, or a weekend getaway for couples/single parents. The weekends/events would include…
- A relaxed, living-room atmosphere in a getaway-type facility.
- Short shots of teaching about biblical principles for Spirit-led parenting, coupled with interactive discussions.
- Real life scenarios and situations to make the learning practical.
- Q & A times with every session.
- Prayer sessions together, as couples, to support each other in our parenting.
- Lodging (if a weekend event), and food (more, if the event is longer).
- An online forum, unique to each event to stay in touch, get additional help and resources, and to stay accountable to goals set during the event.
- Ongoing contact with my wife and I… you could say we’d be your lifetime “parenting coaches.”
How does that sound?
If you’re interested in being part of a “pilot group” that helps us brainstorm and discover what this kind of event might be like, fill out the form to the right to let us know.
We’re excited about what the LORD could be putting together to help parents learn what it means to be Spirit-led in their parenting, and to develop moms and dads who build faith into their family tree for generations to come.by