DEATH by a thousand paper cuts[dropshadowbox align=”center” effect=”lifted-both” width=”550px” height=”” background_color=”#f9ec8a” border_width=”1″ border_color=”#dddddd” ]Imagine yourself about to be executed… and you are given this choice:
You can die blindfolded, shot by firing squad, OR you can die from thousands of tiny paper cuts administered all over your body.
WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE?[/dropshadowbox]
Nobody in their right mind would choose the thousands of paper cuts…
yet many Christians are making that choice daily.
What? I don’t see any paper cuts!
The scenario is an analogy, an illustration – to point out that when small things add up, they can really, Really, REALLY matter.
- One day, after another, after another – that you did NOT put a plan in place to spend time with the LORD.
- One month, after another, after another – that you have let your anger problem go unaddressed.
- One week, after another, after another – that you didn’t come clean about that besetting sin.
- One moment, after another, after another – where you didn’t say, “I love you.”
- One year, after another, after another – that your children have received criticism rather than your encouragement.
What is the delay adding up to?
What is the huge impact it will have down the road?
What are YOUR paper cuts?
You are a smart person. You know what I’m talking about.
You can look back over your life and see the many smaller wounds,
hurts, and neglects that add up to the huge insecurities you fight to this day.
Are you going to die from those thousand little paper cuts…
or are you going to start addressing them, one by one?
Take a bold step… face your own broken-ness
The things that hold you back, don’t have to.
With Jesus’ help, you can overcome the sin and pain in your life (1 John 4:4).
They don’t have to plague and restrict you any longer (Romans 8:37).
You can have the new life that Jesus promised… if you will rely on Him, and start addressing all the little paper cuts.
- It’s painful.
- It’s hard.
- It’s tedious.
- But it’s how Jesus brings healing and liberation.
If you need someone to help you get started… I’d be happy to. Contact me.by